Home

Muffler noise when idling

Rattling noise coming from the rear of your car and right in the area where the muffler is located is often interpreted as a sign of a loose muffler. It is possible that your muffler came loose because of a bad connector, a loose or damaged bracket, or even a degraded rubber hanger. These components fix the muffler to the chassis of your car Now if the car sounds like a real slight miss or pop at idle, it could be a burnt exhaust valve or an exhaust valve not fully seating and seal properly. It could be spotted in a compression or leak down test. It probably won't cause to much of a problem for now, but could cause some damage down the road. Click to see full answer Description of this noise: Although a finely tuned-exhaust system is music to most gear heads, the sound of exhaust escaping from the exhaust pipes, manifold or muffler is not something you want to hear. In most cases, this sound is similar to rattling steel inside of a cage or clanking metal A key takeaway is that if you hear a rattle when your car is idling, don't simply turn up the audio system and ignore it. The rattle could be an early warning that something is going seriously wrong with your car. Or, the rattle might be due to something simple and easy to fix. No matter what the cause is, it is worth finding

Yes, I notice an odd puff puff exhaust tone, but as others have said it's just when standing behind the car at idle. It's not a great sounding exhaust at idle. So from the outside, standing at the front of the car we get to listen to GDI clatter, and from the rear we get to hear an odd puff-puff 9-19-8-3. Muffler or other noise dissipative device to meet certain conditions. A motor vehicle must be equipped with a muffler or other noise dissipative device that meets the following conditions: (1) Is in good working order. (2) Is in constant operation to prevent excessive noise. 9-19-8-4. Equipment prohibited Loud exhaust noise is usually the result of an exhaust leak that commonly occurs in the muffler as opposed to the exhaust components located near the engine. As engine exhaust flows through the exhaust system, it is contained and eventually flows through the muffler Exhaust popping/pulsing at idle Home › Forums › Stay Dirty Lounge › Service and Repair Questions Answered Here › Exhaust popping/pulsing at idle This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Albert 6 years, 7 months ago

At 2000 RPM cruising down the highway, you can hear it, but it's not so intrusive that you can't hear the people in the truck. (namely my very young kids) At idle it's got a deep V8 tone to it, but when you hammer on it it sounds nice and almost like a european V8. Clean and smooth without any blapity blap Exhaust Noise at Idle Thread starter electro992; Start date Dec 29, 2013; Watchers 2 E. electro992. Joined Nov 17, 2008 Messages 210. Dec 29, 2013 #1 I replaced my leaky stock muffler with a new aftermarket piece (Walker), and now have the exhaust boom when the car is warm and idling in gear. The vibration shakes the whole car and goes away. Hi everyone, I've been hearing this gurgling noise come from the exhaust on my 2016 EX-T sedan only while idling, and it doesn't always happen. I've noticed that it tends to happen when I've recently driven it in snow / while it was snowing but I could be wrong about that. I've noticed the sound.. Please note this safety tip: If you hear a loud noise and you suspect it is the exhaust system, don't turn up the radio to drown out the noise. Keep fresh air coming into the vehicle and don't sit in the car while it's idling Mostly from the right side. I think it is from the extra timing between cylinder three and four in the firing order. Now if the car sounds like a real slight miss or pop at idle, it could be a burnt exhaust valve or an exhaust valve not fully seating and seal properly. It could be spotted in a compression or leak down test

Muffler Rattling: Causes & Treatment You Should Know Car

Hello everyone! Today I do a video on how to/how I fixed the exhaust rattle noise on my 1996 Acura Integra. A lot of the time you will experience exhaust rat.. A loose bracket, rubber hanger or connector, or one that is badly corroded, can allow a muffler to rattle as the exhaust pipe bangs against another part of your vehicle when you accelerate or drive.. HOW TO CHECK for a rusty muffler: Wait until it's cooled down after driving, then grab the tip and shake it. The rubber hangers will let you wiggle the exhaust enough for this. If something metallic has come loose, it'll rattle (and if it's water, it'll sound like water sloshing around)

What causes popping sound in exhaust at idle

1. e if a single muffler (byitself) can meet the project requirements. Step 1 in this process is to obtain the unsilencednoise level from the engine manufacturer. This istypically given as sound pressure level at 1 meter(or similar distance)
  2. The root cause is the bolt securing flange connecting the muffler (tail pipe) and the exhaust pipe (after the cat). Bolts are loose enough for the flange to move and hit each other and resonate at idle but tight enough and hard to notice when shaking it by hand or by kicking it. I did a 3/4 turn on each bolt and rattling disappear just like that
  3. Exhaust noise can be irritating, as when an original equipment muffler or pipe rots and blows out. Or, it can be pleasing in the case of a high performance vehicle with a throaty growl when it accelerates. Either way, noise generates exhaust work and parts sales. How people react to noise depends on a number of factors
  4. Unbearable Noise From Exhaust System One leading hole in muffler symptoms is the unbearable noise from the exhaust system. You can easily judge that your car's muffler is damaged if the car's exhaust system creates unbearable noise
  5. noise exhaust idle kia. Share. Improve this question. Follow edited Jul 7 '19 at 20:37. Ndech. asked Jul 7 '19 at 15:32. Ndech Ndech. 111 4 4 bronze badges. 1. 1. Welcome to Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair

As soon as I tap on the exhaust pipe and catalytic converter, you can hear the muffler from the back, tapping against the bumper. Now when I drive it, the muffler makes noises in the back, like a noise for example, if it was loose. I looked at all brackets, heat shields and hangers are tight Exhaust Leak at the Rear of the Vehicle . If your exhaust sound is at the back of the vehicle, have a shop check for leaks right at the muffler. In some cases, you may have a bad seal at the muffler or a loose muffler connection. Even a rear muffler replacement due to rust or wear shouldn't break the bank Noise Noise is often the most obvious sign of a hole in the muffler. Cars with a hole in the muffler will make loud, rumbling noises, with the noises getting louder as the hole gets bigger and the muffler falls further into disrepair. In some cases the noise can even include a loud backfiring noise, the Canadian Driver website notes

How to Troubleshoot a Car Exhaust or Engine Noise

An expert that got 5 achievements. Novelist: An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters. Expert. 210 Answers. Re: car makes loud humming noise when idling. There can be a crack on exhaust manifold or on eghaust muffler. Posted on Apr 11, 2014. Helpful 1 I gave the car some gas and even on up to 2000 rpms it was still making the sound. Thanks for any input. I figure it could be fouled plugs since my BOV was way over-tightened, and apparently running rich at idle, causing the car to surge up and down while warming up from a cold start. That problem however is completely gone since I adjusted the. The exhaust system includes the muffler, resonator, catalytic converter, and header/down pipe. The exhaust system carries the exhaust gases from the front of the car to the rear. They are designed this way so you don't inhale the exhaust fumes and also to quiet the noise engines make No noise. I could hear the rattling noise over on the passenger side ever so faint. Took out the passenger O2 so both rear O2's were out. Tapped each cat, no noise. Shook the O2 sensors, they didn't make much noise. I said ***** it and went and bought two new rear O2's ($67.xx each). Installed them and the noise is gone

Why Is My Car Making a Rattling Noise When at Idle

1. g from the front of the car. There is no clunking or odd noises, just that the engine in loud. The RPMs are not high when this is happening. I just recently changed the spark plugs and air filter
  2. (d) In this section, muffler means a device designed for and effective in reducing noise while permitting the flow of gases. (e) All mufflers and exhaust pipes carrying exhaust gases from the motor shall be of leakproof construction. § 22-402 - 1. Alteration of air pollution control devices (a) Exhaust emission controls
  3. 2000 Crown Victoria, 207K miles, 111K on current engine My car has been an absolute champ since I took ownership of her at 133K miles, and to this day runs trouble-free. However, it's just started making a noise that's got my scratching my head. I can only describe it as a puff sound. It's consistent with engine speed (higher RPM = faster puffs), and seems to get louder the more.
  4. g from exhaust pipe. Recently my car (2008 Vauxhall Zafira) has started making a metallic rattling sound when (a) the engine is turning over at very low revs (i.e. when starting the engine) and (b) when going over bumps. When the engine is idling, or when driving along on a smooth road, the noise disappears
  5. Exhaust heat shield noises. Rattle that you hear when car is idling. Damaged heat shield. Replace heat shield. Knocking noise from engine. Low knock at idle, noise gets louder as RPM's increase under a load. Piston wrist pin or worn crankshaft bearing. Lack of lubrication/ low engine oil. Tear down engine/diagnose or replace engin

Exhaust noise is a major contributor to the radiated noise level of a vehicle, especially at idle. The radiated noise level has to meet a certain criteria based on regulation and consumer demand. In many cases, the problem appears after the vehicle is manufactured and the tailpipe noise measuremen Schooler Mufflers LLC April 1, 2015 · At idle it's got that deep chambered sound and when you hit the throttle it's got a scream that sounds like its pissed off

Auto Exhaust | Muffler Service | Inspection | Glendale CA

Video: Exhaust sound at idle? Hyundai Palisade Foru

When you are dealing with a problem of muffler noise when accelerating, there is a 90% chance that an uncleaned or jammed out muffler is the culprit behind. But sometimes, that may not be the only issue to take care of. There are other issues available such as loosen up connection, rust-affected parts and so on.. MikalCarbine. All of a sudden this week a bunch of problems plagued my Jeep. For starters I am idling around 800-1100 rpm when sitting still in neutral. Also, I've been hearing this very low bassy exhaust like leak noise. Inside the cab it is very obvious, crack the hood and poke your head inside and you can't hear it at all

Btw, I should mention that it sounds like the noise emanates from the vicinity of the muffler, although that might just be because that's the only place the symptom can manifest itself. If the muffler were faulty it seems like it would be continuous, all the time, and present at engine speeds other than idle as well When I am at idle or a stop light with foot on the brake there is a low frequency muffler noise or tone that seems to resonate inside the car. if i put the car in neutral or park and raise the idle up from 650 rpm to 750 the noise, vibration, tone or frequency goes away. it is a very disturbing resonance. it is not real loud but just the right. Registered. Joined Sep 24, 2006. ·. 12,664 Posts. #2 • Dec 13, 2009. poping noise is perfectly normal as long as its the same noise as you get when you rev the motor up while its cold. Its just the fact that you have boomtubes and you can hear the normal exhaust noise better since the exhaust is less restrictive. S Rattling Noise when Idling. The exhaust system is suspended under the car with a number of brackets, clamps and mountings, which can themselves rust and give way. If you hear a rattle under the car when it's idling or at low revs, the exhaust may have become detached through a failed hanger

Discussion Starter · #1 · 6 mo ago. When I give my car ('19 Challenger Hellcat 6-speed) a little rev in neutral, while stationary, it makes a very distinct change in the sound/pitch of the exhaust during the idle down (around 2300RPM) which prevents exhaust pops and crackles. However, if the car is rolling at any speed and a small neutral rev. My '05 C230K does this as well. Even my wife noticed the louder than normal idle exhaust noise. A few other C230's I test drove exhibited this as well, especially early morning cold start ups. It almost sounds like there is a leak around the catalytic converter, and as the exhaust heats up, the metal expands and seals the leak

Exhaust leaks are distinct and easily checked. As the vehicle warms up, these leaks get louder. As the metal expands, exhaust manifold cracks and flanges expand, allowing more exhaust gases to escape. They make a sputtering sound as opposed to a lifter with a ticking sound. Exhaust leaks also leave a trail of black soot When it is cold outside (30F or below), my Cummins will of course go into high idle mode after a few minutes of idle when I start it in the morning. With exhaust brake on in high idle mode, and cold engine/temps, I get a pretty loud clapping noise. It sounds to come right from the intake or turbo area Anyway. The noise level increases rapidly at around 20MPH and increases through 25-30, drops down again at about 35 but only slightly. It's at its loudest around 45 and then drops down a fair deal at around 60. The noise is not there when I'm idling. There are no slippages between gears or anything like that Anyways, I uploaded a video of the rough idling for reference purposes incase others have similar problems. It idles fine when its cold, but once it hits around 140°F then it starts missing. In the video, around 7:00 is when it starts to misfire and at around 9:40 is when it starts misfiring hard. YouTube

SAE J2825 Measurement of Exhaust Sound Pressure Levels of Stationary On-Highway Motorcycles Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), US Government - Title 40, Part 205 Transportation Equipment Noise Emission Controls Idling rpm is the speed when the engine is running and the throttle is not used Don't Stall on Exhaust Leak Repairs If the popping sound is more rhythmic and occurs more frequently as you rev the engine, you may want to look for an exhaust leak. The exhaust manifold is on the side (or sides) of your engine toward the bottom. Is Your Car Idling Too Rough? Top 100 Alternative Albums of the 2000s. A Checklist for Off.

Exhaust Noise Laws By State SEMA ACTION NETWOR

Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Muffler YourMechanic Advic

Test by 5.0 magazine Sound Off in Quietest to Loudest (Decibels): 1.Borla XS, 80db at idle, 90db at 2,000 rpm, 110db at WOT. 2.Hooker Maxflow, 80db at idle, 90db at 2,000 rpm, 120db at WOT 2003 bmw 330xi: grinding noise..the gas pedal - it..muffler..rough my 2003 bmw 330xi is making a grinding noise when i hit the gas pedal - it doesn't make it when i go fast (50-70). it sounds like the muffler is on the floor scraping against the pavement - but that i Erik My Vehicles 2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 QCLB, NV5600, 177K miles, 10000k HIDS, FASS 150, EDGE juice w/ attitude HOT UNLOCK, VALAIR 650HP DD thanks to DAN'S DIESEL PERFORMANCE! 1988 Monte Carlo SS, 305 SBC, true dual 2.25 t-304 Stainless exhaust, T-Tops, custom red pryzmatique paint, 2 12 Alpine Type-R Subwoofers, 500 Watt Alpine amp, Alpine speakers inside, complete 2 year ground up. Sep 4, 2015. The valves open at 2,500 rpm. they are closed at idle. The switch he has is either the capristo or forza. you can also pull the vacuum lines but That will keep them open permanently. the capristo is a good system and will cost you around 700$. You would have a little remote in the car where you can select open or closed The increase in sound output from your exhaust system can actually lead to a ticket for excessively loud exhaust in some areas. Can a bad catalytic converter cause rough idle? A clogged converter can cause rough idle , engine hesitation upon acceleration, weakened power, hard-starting and, in some cases, a no-start condition

Exhaust popping/pulsing at idle EricTheCarGu

Best exhaust for deep sound at idle? DODGE RAM FORUM

Step 1: Upstream Exhaust Leak. If fresh air is allowed to leak into the exhaust system it will ignite the un-burnt fuel inside the system creating a popping noise. It is difficult to think of because most people think of a exhaust system to be under constant pressure but this is not true Walker 17886 Economy Pro-Fit Muffler. 15. Colt Exhaust Pair of Single Chamber Performance Race Mufflers. Best Muffler Buying Guide & FAQ. Written By Car Bibles Staff. Published Dec. 6, 2018. Mufflers are an important part of any car's exhaust system. Designed to reduce the noise produced by the engine, they are a legal requirement for cars in. This exhaust note and idle sound is quite expected, thought. With a 6.2-liter Hellcat V8 residing under its hood, that deep rumble shouldn't surprise anyone. Still, better let your neighbors know. Sep 13, 2005. Location. Round Rock, Texas. TDI. 2015 Beetle tdi dsg. Mar 22, 2021. #4. I would think you wouldn't gain anything by just a muffler delete other than a loss of weight. Between the cat and turbo it still won't be loud at all

On the Edge tuning, it will start up and hiss for about 5 seconds and then switch over to the rumble. It will also cycle every once in awhile and hiss for a couple seconds at idle. Edge: Edge Race DPF Delete 4 Exhaust LMM - YouTube. PPE: 9 LMM DIESEL PPE, EFI TUNE, 6 INCH MBRP EXHAUST DPF DELETE - YouTube Exhaust sound output levels are usually rated on a scale of one to three. Level one being slightly louder than stock and level three being noticeably louder than stock. Most of the high decibel growl associated with all of these systems is most noticeable at idle and under acceleration Motorcycle. Under the noise by-law, motorcycles cannot operate in Oakville if the exhaust emits sound above 92 decibels (dBA) at idle. A train whistle, jackhammer or rock concert generate similar noise levels, typically reaching 90 decibels. Continuous exposure to decibel levels of 90 to 95 dBA could result in hearing loss Exhaust - Rattle Noise From Center Of Vehicle At Idle TECHNICAL Bulletin No.: 09-06-05-003 Date: April 29, 2009 Subject: Exhaust Rattle Noise from Center of Vehicle at Idle and Partial Throttle (Repair Exhaust Heat Shield with Clamp) Models: 2008-2009 Cadillac SRX, STS Condition

Could the chugging exhaust noise and loopy idle happen due to the clogged maf? Mar 19, 2007 #5 A. armerdan armerdan. Joined Aug 15, 2006 Messages 74 Reaction score 1 Location Houston Tx. Wow. I thought I was the only one who worked on cars at 12:53 AM Yes a clogged MAF could cause those symptoms. Mar 19, 2007 #6 SHOOFF13 SHOOFF 23 Posts. #5 · Mar 24, 2010. Noise. If you have the NPP exhaust, and the optional dress up plate between the exhaust tips, the tips of the NPP will actually hit the plate while at idle or when you hit a bump. Try moving your exhaust, by hand, to see if it touches the plate. GM's solution is to remove the plate No valve or switch, just the volume of exhaust. If the motor is idling faster than normal and being on land with no backpressure on the exhaust will sound different than in the water where the level of water inside the exhaust chamber forces the flow to come out the idle relief hole 2. Sudden ticking. Does it sound like there's a bag of stopwatches under the tank? Start at the exhaust headers, especially if they're old, or have recently been fitted/disturbed

And, will assume that your oil level is full. Most likely external noise. To prove it, try a 5w30 synth or 0w40 at your next oil change. If no change in engine sound, then don't worry about it as direct injection and higher pressure DI pump/inector make some noise. B Hey all, I just bought a 2011 Cruze LT with the 1.4 liter turbo engine; when I'm idling I notice this rhythmic almost scraping noise that gets faster on acceleration; after about 2500 rpm, I can't hear it anymore and it can't be heard inside the car. There's no loss of power or anything of that..

Welcome to our Exhaust Tips and Muffler page

Having loud exhaust noise. When driving and idle etc. When cold you can see exhaust smoke coming from the passenger - Answered by a verified Mazda Mechanic. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website Funny Exhaust Noise at Idle. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 4 of 4 Posts. DCBULLINGTON · Registered. Joined Aug 22, 2019 · 24 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Feb 17, 2020. I've noticed that after a few minutes sitting at idle, I hear a noise over the exhaust that sounds like a waste gate or pressure by pass.. Tazer & Idle Exhaust Sound. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 15 of 15 Posts. Alexcpt · Premium Member. Joined May 6, 2016 · 101 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Jun 20, 2017. I own a Scat with mids and resos and dread the virtually silent exhaust sound at idle when warm.. Legal Noise Limits. There is a limit to the amount of noise a vehicle's muffler or exhaust system may make on public roads where the speed limit is 35 miles per hour or less. According to New York City's Noise Code, sound is too loud if it can be heard: From 150 feet or more from a vehicle weighing less than 10,000 pounds If your car is louder than normal, it could be a hole in your exhaust system. A simple fix can be as little as $100. A bad catalytic converter can make a rattling noise when sitting still. Replacing a catalytic converter can cost $150 to $600 or more, if the car is an import. Aug. 14, 2012

Exhaust Noise at Idle IH8MUD Foru

Had my exhaust replaced today due to it blowing and the baffle had gone. Car seems soooo much better now. Still noticed that when idling it vibrates, although it was a different vibration noise to what I had before - middle of the car. Turns out it was rattling on the heat shield sounds like its running too rich if your getting a popping sound from the exhaust. get the codes checked 2000 tacoma with 3in suspension lift, 3in body lift, 35in bfg all terrains, rancho rs9000x shocks, in cab controler for shocks, tjm front bumper, hella 500 driving lights, powertrax lock right in the rear, and arb safari snorkel Loud and disturbing noises and vibrations. Sec. 30­2. Loud and disturbing noises and vibrations presumed offensive. Sec. 30­2.1. Presumption. Sec. 30­3. Use of bell, siren, compression, or exhaust whistle on vehicles. Sec. 30­3.1. Noise from the idling of commercial motor vehicles Subject: Rattle at idle IP: Logged Message: I hear a rattle when the engine is under load at idle. It kinda sounds like thin metal rods rattling around, if that makes sense. It is a tinny, hollow sound. Any ideas? I have a 1997 with 138k miles. Dan M Dodge Dakota JOIN HERE 4/24/2005 00:53:35: RE: Rattle at idle IP: Logged Message: the engine is. The car smells like exhaust all the time and my idle is sometimes a bit crappy. Doesnt go below 690RPM, it stays between 700-850. I do have hks 264/272 cams. However, today i decided to jack the car up and get undernath while the car was on, and I noticed a huge leak at the flex section of the pipe. The flex section seems to be the middle part.

Gurgling noise from exhaust at idle 2016+ Honda Civic

What Causes Loud Exhaust Noises? - Cannon Auto Repai

Jul 29, 2008. #1. I got a 2001 v6 manual, with dual exhausts. I've always suspected that maybe my header exhaust gasket has a small leak on the passanger side, but im not positive. Regardless, it has drove fine for a couple thousand miles. Recently out of nowhere, my car started to make make multiple popping noises from what sounds like the. The car's muffler has a main function of the exhaust system of the vehicle's engine. The muffler reduces the amount of noise produced by your engine, and also is the main part in charge of controlling the backpressure of the engine, improving the longevity of the mechanism and the performance of your car

excessive popping in exhaust at idle? SVTPerformance

Apr 19, 2012. #2. At idle the turbo only produces a couple pounds of boost, so unless the compressor or turbine is rubbing its housing, I doubt thats the noise. It may be the timing belt, or serpentine belt. If the noise is directly proportional to engine speed, its something rotational, and tied directly to the engine crankshaft So after installing my 5 Flo Pro with an FTE Resonator 2 months ago. I've been noticing that when I manually set the truck to high idle with the exhaust brake it doesn't sound like a jet engine anymore. It whistled maybe once or twice on the below 30 degree days we've had here in NY for the last month but no more whistle just high engine idle Gurgling Noise from Muffler when Idling / low revs. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 2 of 2 Posts. F. fullofbeans · Registered. 2015 Outback 2.5i Premium Joined Jan 31, 2015 · 2 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 ·. If it is exhaust noise you're hearing, 1993 Cadillac sedan deville, it has a whining noise while idling in park after running for about 3 to 5 minutes. It seems to only be in park at first then when I put it in reverse it goes away, shift into drive and there it is again. It does pitch with acceleration.And it seems to be at its worst. I need some advice on muffler sound. The issue I have is the car sounds great at idle and at cruise, great from about 3000 rpm to 5,500 rpm, but if I nail it at low revs the exhaust sounds really farty. It's a loud, open type noise, not a tight sound like at higher revs. The mufflers are a generic type from the local muffler shop, no brand

How to Fix Exhaust Rattle - Rattle Noise on Startup/Idle

Air escaping through a leak can also cause a distinct humming noise. This could be a small leak in the exhaust system or air intake system. Sometimes driving accentuates noises that are heard while idling. If the noise is only present while driving it is likely related to the drivetrain 2006 CHEVROLET COLORADO. 6 CYL. 2WD. AUTOMATIC. 75,000 MILES. My truck started to have a rattle/vibration at idle. This happens for a one or two second interval at idle, stops for about 30 seconds and repeats. This only happens at idle either in or out of gear. Once I hit the gas the rattle/vibration stops

Suruga Speed Loop Muffler For Mazda Miata MX-5 NC | REV9Briggs & Stratton Professional 30336 - 6500 Watt Generator

Gender: Male. First Name: raymond. elkton md 21921. Vehicle: 2000 2.4 liter 4 banger. 96 4x4 2.7 5spd 145k miles. it has a rattling sound at idle only. the first time i start it in the day after its been running for about 30 seconds to a minute the rattle/tick starts. Any rise in the rpm's the ticking stops completely then as soon as it goes. Sound Off in Quietest to Loudest (Decibels): 1.Borla XS, 80db at idle, 90db at 2,000 rpm, 110db at WOT. 2.Hooker Maxflow, 80db at idle, 90db at 2,000 rpm, 120db at WOT A ghost cam tune essentially changes the valve timing to make the N54 sound as if it's cammed out. The loud, choppy idle is definitely a unique sound that you won't hear from many 6 cylinder engines. Please have 500+whp to back up these exhaust sounds. N54 Ghost Cam Tune Idling So if your exhaust is glowing red when standing still at idle, it may just be because of too little cooling. Reason 6: Clogged pipe or muffler. If something is restricting airflow somewhere in the exhaust system, you get excessive back pressure where heat will build up instead of escaping as hot air Ticking sound when idling. Jump to Latest Follow Hey Everyone! Since it's only got about 500 miles, I'd bet it's harmless heating and cooling of exhaust and heat shields causing movement. If so, I'd expect it to decrease/disappear over time. 2021 GMC 1500 LM2 CC std bo I really like the sound of this muffler. Quiet at low Idle and cold starts. A bit louder when on the gas but there are no drone or resonance in the cabin. The polished stainless looks really nice. It was the lightest stainless muffler I have tested so far, about 6 lbs. I mounted this on to my 2021 Jeep V6 3.6L engine w/6 speed manual